Charlotte & Sumter Drug Possession Lawyer
Aggressive Defense for Drug Charges in North Carolina
Handling drug possession charges in North Carolina demands adept legal counsel, and Law Office of Montgomery and Hart, PLLC is poised to provide just that. Our adept attorneys comprehend the complexities individuals grapple with when facing drug possession accusations in Charlotte and Sumter. Our legal team is committed to delivering tailored and effective representation designed to address the unique circumstances of each case.
Call the Law Office of Montgomery and Hart, PLLC today at (980) 243-4470 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our drug possession attorney in Charlotte & Sumter!
North Carolina Drug Possession Laws
Comprehending the nuanced drug possession laws in North Carolina is pivotal for anyone confronted with such allegations. At Montgomery and Hart, PLLC, our attorneys boast comprehensive knowledge of these laws, enabling us to construct robust defenses for our clients.
North Carolina classifies drugs into schedules based on factors such as potential for abuse, medical applications, and likelihood of dependence. These schedules span from Schedule I (high potential for abuse, no accepted medical use) to Schedule VI (low potential for abuse).
Defenses Against Drug Possession Charges
At Montgomery and Hart, PLLC, our experienced attorneys employ various legal strategies to defend against drug possession charges. Each case is unique, and our legal team tailors their approach to the arrest's specific circumstances. Possible defenses include:
- Illegal Search and Seizure: Evidence may be deemed inadmissible if law enforcement violated the Fourth Amendment rights during the search and seizure process.
- Lack of Possession Knowledge: Proving that the defendant was unaware of the drugs' presence is a potential defense strategy.
- Challenging the Chain of Custody: Disputing the integrity of the evidence and the handling of the confiscated substances can be an effective defense tactic.
- Medical Necessity: In some instances, individuals may possess controlled substances for legitimate medical reasons. Establishing a valid prescription can serve as a defense.
- Procedural Violations: Identifying errors or violations in the arrest and charging procedures can lead to reduced charges or case dismissal.
Understanding the intricacies of North Carolina's drug possession laws is essential for individuals facing such charges. At Montgomery and Hart, PLLC, our experienced attorneys are dedicated to providing strategic and effective legal representation for those navigating drug possession cases in Charlotte and Sumter. Contact us to discuss your case and explore your defense options.
Contact the Law Office of Montgomery and Hart, PLLC, today to schedule a meeting with our drug possession lawyer in Charlotte & Sumter!
Direct Access to Attorney
Flat Fees and Upfront Costs
Strong Ties & Involvement In the Community
Spanish Speaking Services Available
The Go-To Law Firm for Family & Real Estate Law